Foro Defensa México
OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families 2vwzcep

Unirse al foro, es rápido y fácil

Foro Defensa México
OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families 2vwzcep
Foro Defensa México
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families

3 participantes

OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families Empty OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families

Mensaje por belze Diciembre 5th 2013, 23:59

OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families

February 17, 2011 by Crystal Cavalier

What is OPSEC? OPSEC stands for operational security. Intelligence collection and analysis is very much like assembling a picture puzzle. Intelligence collectors are fully aware of the importance of obtaining small bits of information, or “pieces” of a puzzle, from many sources and assembling them to form the overall picture.

What is PERSEC? PERSEC stands for personal security. Service members and military family should be careful to not post personal information anywhere on the internet, especially an address, phone number, workplace, etc.

This week has been full of surprises for me, both good ones and bad ones. My mom’s debit card number was stolen, and the thieves went crazy shopping with her number. She’s not sure how they got it because she doesn’t use her card online at ALL! A young professionals group that I am a part of had their website hacked and had the site’s words were changed to a different language. Who knows what it said. My email account for the non-profit organization I work with was also recently hacked.

So this got me thinking, wow… what is this world coming too? If these people wanted to, they really could have messed me up. Just crazy! It seems like everything around me was hacked or stolen this week. It has taken a lot of work and care to build up my personal image. So I was taken aback at the possibilities recently when I saw a couple of pictures in which my friend had photo-shopped me into certain places. It looked SO REAL!
I watched this weekend on Facebook, nearly, and all my friends were posting things like “at the mall with so and so” or “checked in at Pretzel Palace, 30 min ago.” I was amazed that these people were posting this type of information while the rest of their families were at home and left unprotected. If someone was stalking you or wanted to find out more information about you, all they would need to do would be to check Facebook (or impersonate one of your friends on Facebook) to find out your every move.

I also saw statuses about my friends dropping their spouses off at train stations or airports. To me, that just said, “Hello, I am vulnerable now. Come get me.” Seriously no matter who we are, women or men, we need to practice just a little bit more OPSEC and PERSEC.

I once read a quote from the Chief of Staff of the Army:

“The enemy aggressively reads our open source and continues to exploit such information for use against our forces. Some soldiers continue to post sensitive information to Internet websites and blogs, e.g., photos depicting weapon system vulnerabilities and tactics, techniques, and procedures. Such OPSEC violations needlessly place lives at risk and degrade the effectiveness of our operations. Our mission success and soldiers’ lives depend on aggressively denying the enemy any advantage.”

I really take this serious. Now don’t get me wrong – 6 months ago I was in love with Four Square, but now I just don’t find it as important. I now feel that this kind of technology has changed the world of cyberspace – everything is public and you can’t take back what is posted. Little pieces of information can cause serious trouble, not just for you but for other military families as well.

Fuente: http://www.defensepolicy.org/ccavalier/opsec-and-persec-for-military-families

Lo pongo aquí y no en seguridad en la pc por que puede relacionarse directamente con el personal operativo, no importa de donde. Si, está en inglés, pero hagan un esfuerzo, es un excelente artículo.
belze
belze
Staff

Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 6135

OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families Empty Re: OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families

Mensaje por Audemunx Diciembre 6th 2013, 00:31

Tengo entendido que alguien del foro estaba traduciendo un manual de los marines sobre el tema (http://www.marineparents.com/downloads/Marines-Social-Media-Handbook.pdf). Ya que no estoy totalmente activo en el foro me gustaría ayudar con esto (traducción, actualización, adaptación e ilustración en PDF).

Le agradezco al staff si me puede canalizar con esta persona o informarme que tanto se avanzo.

Audemunx
Inspector [Policia Federal]

Cantidad de envíos : 268

OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families Empty Re: OPSEC and PERSEC for Military Families

Mensaje por Lanceros de Toluca Diciembre 6th 2013, 00:53

No se pudo avanzar mucho. Hazlo de cero por favor. Y conectate mas seguido compañero, te vamos a necesitar en el futuro.

Lanceros de Toluca
Alto Mando
Alto Mando

Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 19666

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Defensa-M%C3%A9xico/3631280304218

Mensaje por Audemunx Enero 12th 2014, 18:29

Una disculpa, hice limpieza en mi correo y no me di cuenta que habian respondido :S. Entendido, entonces tomare este compromiso.

Audemunx

Cantidad de envíos : 268

Mensaje por Lanceros de Toluca Marzo 18th 2014, 23:55

Como que ya te tardaste no? Como va eso?

Lanceros de Toluca
Alto Mando
Alto Mando

Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 19666

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Defensa-M%C3%A9xico/3631280304218

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado